India

‘Gave Her a New Life’: Girl’s Mother Thanks PM Modi for Forgiving Her Over Abusive Remarks

The mother of a girl seen making abusive remarks against Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a viral video has said her daughter has been given a “new life” after the PM chose to forgive her.

Speaking to news agency PTI, the girl’s mother said she was grateful “with folded hands” to PM Modi for opting for forgiveness over retaliation, calling it a second chance for her daughter.

“PM Modi has shown his greatness by forgiving the child who used such filthy and obscene words. Today is her birthday, and PM Modi has given her the greatest gift: jeevandaan (the gift of life). Today, this girl has been reborn,” she said.

On Friday, PM Modi posted a video on Instagram urging restraint, after abusive slogans targeting him were raised during a Cockroach Janta Party (CJP)-led student protest against the NEET-UG paper leak at Jantar Mantar. Describing those who abused him as “misguided,” the Prime Minister said he did not believe the answer lay in “anger or retaliation.”

Soon after, an apology video from the girl surfaced online. In the video, she identified herself as a 15-year-old and said she had realised the seriousness of her actions.

“Whatever I did was not worthy of forgiveness. I have said a lot of bad things,” she said.

The girl said she had gone to the protest with friends after visiting Connaught Place, and had been influenced by others around her who were raising abusive slogans against PM Modi.

Calling it her “first and last mistake,” she said, “I apologise to the entire country. I am so ashamed. I can’t even look at myself. Please forgive me.”

Also Read:Pakistan Linked Terror Plot Busted: STF Says Accused Planned To Infiltrate Delhi Protest

Despite the apology, a complaint had already been filed against the girl at a Noida police station over the alleged derogatory slogans raised during the July 23 protest. Noida Police registered a Zero FIR, which was later transferred to Parliament Street Police Station in New Delhi. The complainant alleged that the girl’s remarks insulted the dignity of the office of the prime minister and had the potential to spread disharmony and disturb public peace.

Her mother said both she and her daughter had repeatedly apologised and appealed for the FIR to be withdrawn. She also claimed the FIR incorrectly listed her daughter’s age as 25, though she is a 15-year-old minor.

The mother called on the government to bar minors from using social media and participating in protests. “My humble request to PM Modi, please block Instagram and Facebook for children under the age of 20. They should only be allowed to study, and they should not be allowed to protest. These people only want to take advantage of children and make them say anything,” she said.

Meanwhile, CJP founder Abhijeet Dipke was quick to target the Prime Minister over the police action against the teenager. “Sirf reel par hi maaf karoge ya cases bhi vapas loge? (Will you forgive them only in a reel, or will you also withdraw the cases),” Dipke commented on PM Modi’s Instagram video.

Back to top button