Delhi Police Bust LeT Terror Module After 10-Day Operation; 8 Arrested, 16 SIM Cards And Recon Videos Recovered

New Delhi: The Delhi Police Special Cell has foiled a major terrorist plot after a 10-day operation, dismantling a terror module linked to Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and arresting eight suspects. Of those arrested, seven are Bangladeshi nationals.

Posters Trigger Investigation

The operation began after posters carrying slogans such as “Free Kashmir” and “Stop Genocide in Kashmir” appeared at multiple metro stations in Delhi and Kolkata on February 7 and 8. The incident alerted security agencies, prompting the Delhi Police Special Cell to launch an investigation.

The first arrests were made in West Bengal’s Malda, where two suspects, Umar Farooq and Robil ul Islam, were taken into custody. Examination of data recovered from their mobile phones led investigators to additional suspects hiding in Tamil Nadu’s Tiruppur district.

Subsequently, police arrested two suspects from Uthukuli, three from Palladam, and one from Thirumuruganpoondi in Tiruppur district. The arrested individuals were identified as Mizanur Rahman, Mohammed Shabat, Umar, Mohammed Litan, Mohammed Shahid, and Mohammed Ujjal.

Also Read: Third Tejas Aircraft Crash Mishap Instigates IAF To Begin Fleet-Wide Safety Review

According to police, all the accused were employed in garment units and were using fake Aadhaar cards. Authorities also recovered eight mobile phones and 16 SIM cards during the operation.

Links to Bangladesh-Based Handlers and LeT

Investigators found that the terror module was being operated from Bangladesh. The main handler, identified as Shabbir Ahmed Lone, was allegedly directing the group’s activities. Sources said Shabbir had previously been arrested in 2007 for plotting a suicide attack in India and had served time in jail. After his release, he left India and joined Lashkar-e-Taiba.

Shabbir later established his base in Bangladesh while maintaining links connected to Pakistan. The arrested suspects were also reportedly in contact with another Bangladeshi handler, Saidul Islam, who is currently believed to be based in another country.

Reconnaissance Footage and Suspected Attack Plans

Investigative agencies recovered videos and photographs from the suspects’ mobile phones showing reconnaissance of multiple locations. Some of the footage also indicated attempts to procure weapons.

Police suspect that the accused were preparing to carry out a major terrorist attack at various locations across India. Intelligence agencies had recently warned that Lashkar-e-Taiba was planning a significant attack in the country, and officials believe the plot was disrupted in time.

Further Investigation and Ongoing Raids

The Delhi Police Special Cell confirmed that the operation is still underway, with several members of the module believed to be absconding. Raids are ongoing in multiple states to locate additional suspects.

Officials said the poster incident provided critical leads that helped uncover the wider network and dismantle the module step by step. All the arrested suspects are being brought to Delhi for further interrogation, as investigators examine funding sources, foreign links, and potential targets associated with the plot.

Exit mobile version