InternationalTop News

Epstein Files : Former UK Royal Prince Andrew Arrested, King Charles Expresses ‘Deepest Concern’

London : Former Prince and King Charles’ younger brother, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, was arrested in the United Kingdom on Thursday, on suspicion of misconduct in public office. The arrest, which came on the former royal’s 66th birthday, marks a new low for Andrew, who has faced immense scrutiny over his links to the American convicted child sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The police confirmed the arrest but did not name the person. As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk, the force said. The man remains in police custody at this time. We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court.

It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence. We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time. Six unmarked police cars and around eight plain-clothed officers arrived at Wood Farm on the Sandringham estate in eastern England, where Mountbatten-Windsor now lives.

He declined to say whether Mountbatten-Windsor should volunteer himself to UK police but said the principle was very important and has to apply in this case in the same way it would in any other case. Earlier this month, Thames Valley Police said officers were considering allegations that Mountbatten-Windsor had passed confidential government documents to Epstein. The force was examining claims contained in files recently released by the US government. The contents of those documents have triggered renewed scrutiny of the Duke of York’s past associations.

The former prince, the second son of Queen Elizabeth II, has always denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein and has said he regrets their friendship. He has not responded to requests for comment since the latest release of documents. Police are currently considering allegations, including that a woman was trafficked to the UK by Epstein for the former prince. On November 3, 2025, King Charles III formally stripped his brother of the “Prince” title, the “His Royal Highness” designation and the Duke of York title through Letters Patent, following mounting pressure over his links to Epstein.

Mountbatten-Windsor had been reported to police by the anti-monarchy campaign group Republic after the release of more than three million pages of documents relating to Epstein, who was convicted in 2008 of soliciting prostitution from a minor. The files suggested that in 2010 Mountbatten-Windsor forwarded to Epstein reports about Vietnam, Singapore and other destinations he had visited on official trips.

Read Also : Galgotias University Faces Backlash As Professor’s LinkedIn Photo Goes Viral Amid Robotic Dog Controversy

Back to top button