
In South Mumbai’s Fort neighbourhood, residents have raised serious concerns about rule breaches during the filming of Dhurandhar-2, prompting a standoff between local police and the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) over who should enforce action against the production house.
According to complaints lodged by locals, the production unit violated conditions set for shooting in the Modi Lane area under the jurisdiction of MRA Marg Police Station. Permissions had been granted conditionally by the BMC’s ‘A’ Ward office, explicitly barring the use of gas, fire torches, flammable materials, and similar hazards. Despite this, crew members reportedly employed such items late at night, disturbing residents and prompting immediate intervention.
Following resident complaints, shooting was halted, and BMC officials seized the flammable materials on site. Local activist and resident Sanjay Gurav filed a formal complaint at MRA Marg Police Station. Police recorded his statement on Tuesday and directed that further action fell under the BMC’s purview, while noting separate issues like unauthorized drone usage and obstruction of public roads with equipment—matters they said were under investigation.
Gurav told Mumbai Samachar that police had acknowledged receiving his complaint days earlier, confirming probes into drone use and road blockages causing public inconvenience. However, they reportedly advised him to approach the courts for remaining grievances and referred the core violations back to the civic body.
ALSO READ : Dhurandhar 2 To Not Release On Netflix, Read To Know Its New OTT Platform
The activist claimed the BMC had already decided against granting the production house further shooting permissions in Mumbai, effectively blacklisting it, and stated that additional enforcement would come from police. He accused both agencies of evading responsibility by passing the buck, showing disregard for citizens’ safety and quality of life. As a result, he said residents plan to issue legal notices to the police, BMC, and other relevant authorities.
An MRA Marg Police Station officer, speaking anonymously, confirmed ongoing inquiries but insisted that decisions on penalties or enforcement against the production house for rule breaches rest with the BMC, as they hold jurisdiction over such permissions and conditions.
Despite repeated attempts to contact a senior official from the BMC’s ‘A’ Ward, no response was received.
This incident highlights ongoing challenges in coordinating enforcement between law enforcement and civic authorities when film shoots disrupt heritage-sensitive and high-security zones like Fort.



